When to shoot? How did I get pictures with almost no one in the background?
NYFW is swarming with people and cars for what feels like every hour of the entire day during the week. Although there may be a crowd showing from afar, if you get closer, it isn’t as busy as you may think.
Favorite Tripods | Lighting | Camera Accessories | Changing Tents
6 Striking NYFW Instagram Pose Ideas In Front of the Iconic Pier 59 Studio
- There are off peak times, but you still need to time this out. Research and ask around when the major designer’s shows are and avoid those times
- Have a designated friend or photographer take these pictures (you want someone who has direct experience in not only visioning, but also getting the perfect shot- it is harder than you think!)
- Although there are apps out there for free such as Touch-Retouch where you can remove objects and people from the background, those do not always work! aka the background just turns into a blurry blob removing objects
- Use objects around you to your advantage! For example this taxi cab photo below
- Wear something that will stand out amongst your surroundings (If there is any time to wear something flashy it is now!)
- Just strut and pose away the more candid moments are what you want and what you see all over the Instagram discover page
Other NYW Photoshoot Ideas | Pinterest Board Here
All photos taken by Some Shelly Photography
Disclaimer (I earn a small commission from the affiliate links in this post)